You can use Google Pay to make in-app purchases using your phone’s built-in wallet. The application, built by Google, may also purchase products and services and transfer money to friends and family. On Android mobile devices, you may use the app to make contactless payments both online and offline. In this guide, we’ll teach you how to move money from your Google Play account to your PayPal account.
The app is compatible with both Android and iOS devices. This means that you’ll need an Android smartphone running Lollipop 5.0 or above to use it. You must have iOS 11 or later to use this app. For iOS, Google Pay is only available in the United States and India. As far as we know, Google Pay for Android doesn’t work in every country. Sources claim the software only works in 40 countries.
Google Pay, or G Pay, was formerly known as Android Pay. On September 11th, 2015, Google Pay was made available to the public. After merging with the Google wallet to become Google Pay, the performance of the service was greatly enhanced as well. Companies can integrate payment providers such as Stripe, Braintree, and Google Assistant into their websites using the new API. Adding a credit or debit card to Google Pay is also an option for users.
How to open a Google Pay account?
Opening a Google Pay account isn’t going to cause you any real problems. Paying Google for the service is all that’s required. To begin, you must have the following items.
- A bank account
- A mobile phone number linked to your account number.
- An ATM or debit card
Once you meet the conditions, you may begin the process of opening an account.
- Visit the Google Play Store to get the Google Pay app for your phone.
- Tap the arrow in the right-hand corner to choose your chosen language.
- Enable SMS, contacts, and location permissions for your bank account phone number.
- Once this happens, Google will recognize your Google email address. To proceed, click continue.
- Verify the one-time password (OTP) sent to your smartphone. For automated refilling, allow the app to access it.
- Next, choose a password or screen lock. To proceed, pick on the option that best fits your needs.
- Set up a screen lock or PIN for your Google account.
Creating your G-Pay account will now be complete.
How do I add a bank account?
You need a bank account to make use of Google Pay. Consequently, you may do as follows to include it:
- Tap your name to log in to your account.
- When you’re done, choose “Add a Bank Account.”
Select your “Bank name” from the drop-down menu. Funding your transactions will be made easier with the help of your financial institution. If you choose, you may transfer money from Google Pay to your bank account.
- To proceed, just tap “Allow” when it appears.
- The account link will display in a pop-up window. Click “OK” to proceed.
- To validate your phone number, Google Pay will send you a verification SMS. Do not bother yourself with anything.
- It’s time to input the new bank account’s corresponding UPI PIN.
- Your bank account will be linked after you successfully input your UPI PIN.
If you’ve forgotten your UPI PIN, the option “Don’t know your UPI PIN?” will appear. The last six digits of your debit card number, as well as the expiration date, will be required to complete the transaction. To obtain an OTP for your phone number, click on the arrow in the upper right corner of your screen. To set your UPI PIN, you must then input the OTP. You’ll also get a text message notifying you that your UPI PIN has been activated.
How to use Google Pay
You can use the mobile money wallet for a variety of purposes. The following is how you can use the app.
i) Pay for goods and services
Make payments online, in-app, or at the shop with Google Pay. You do not need to have cash with you when going to buy items from a physical store. You may either use your Google Pay balance or a bank or debit card to fund your Google Pay account.
ii) Send money to others
Using Google Pay, you may send funds to other GPay users. Transferring money is as simple as tapping the person’s contact and following the on-screen instructions.
iii) Deposit in a bank account
Using your associated bank account, you may transfer funds easily. For someone who has bank accounts, it’s straightforward to get the money they’ve sent you.
How can you check your Google Pay account balance
Check to determine whether you have enough money in your account to make a variety of purchases. You may check your Google Pay balance by following the steps outlined below.
- Launch the Google Pay app on your phone.
- Touch your photo bank account at the upper right of the screen.
- To see the balance of an account, just tap on it.
- To see your balance, click View Balance.
- Your UPI PIN is required.
How to transfer money from one Google Pay user to another?
If you know what you’re doing, it’s simple to transfer money to others. You may transfer money to other Google Pay account holders using Google Pay. How to transfer money from one person to another is explained here.
Log in to your Google Pay account using the Google Pay app
Tap on a friend’s name on the Pay screen to pay. People you’ve paid lately will appear at the top of the list.
Pay friend or group lets you look up a friend or group by name, phone number, email, or QR code.
Choose the person to whom you want to send money
If the receiver does not have a Google Pay account or allows others to search for them, Google Pay will notify you. You can still give them money with a debit card or Google Pay balance, so it’s not a big deal. They’ll get information on how to get their hands on the funds you’ve contributed. Within seven days, they must claim the money, or the request will be canceled.
- Click on “Pay.”
- Enter the amount you want to send.
- You may provide a brief explanation of your payment in a note.
- Keep in mind the Google Pay restrictions when you send a message
- Decide on your preferred mode of payment.
- If you have enough money in your Google Pay account to cover the transaction, it will do so. If you don’t have enough money in your connected bank account, you’ll obtain it from there. This is the time to add a payment method.
- Afterward, choose Pay from the drop-down menu.
How to move money from Google Pay to a bank account:
When the need arises, it is simple to transfer money from Google Pay to a bank account. When you establish a Google Pay account, you’ll need to provide a bank account number. To transfer money from Google Pay to your bank account, follow these steps. Look around.
- Activate your Google account for a fee. You may have your name added to the
- Explore the payment options.
- You may transfer your “Google Pay balance” by clicking on the “Transfer” button under “Google Pay balance
- Click balance
- Input the amount of money you want to send.
- Your payment method must be confirmed.
- Click Transfer
How to transfer your Google Play balance to PayPal
When using Google Pay, you may link a PayPal account to assist with financing your purchases.
- Open the Google Pay app on your smartphone.
- You may do this by tapping the card image in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click the “Add a payment method” button.
- Decide on PayPal as your payment method.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
You may transfer money from your Google Pay account to your PayPal account after it has been linked. You’ll need to enter into your PayPal account and request financing via Google Pay. The money will now be in your PayPal account as a result of this transfer.
How can I use my PayPal balance?
You may use your PayPal balance in a variety of ways. The following are on the list:
1) Send and receive money from others.
PayPal may be used to transfer money to friends and family members. You may transfer money from your PayPal account to the PayPal accounts of other individuals by logging into your account online. To complete the transfer, you’ll need the recipient’s PayPal ID. Transfers from one PayPal account to another are instantaneous, and the receivers get their money right away.
You may transfer money to others by following the steps outlined below:
- See your PayPal balance by logging into your account online.
- Tap Send & Request
- To send money to someone, you’ll need to know their phone number, email address, or some other way to get in touch.
- Select from Send it to a friend!
- Add a comment and the payment amount next (optional).
- To complete the transaction, click Submit.
2) Pay for goods and services
You may make purchases using the money in your PayPal account. You may use PayPal to pay for your purchases at several different online retailers.
3) Transfer money to a bank account
Using your bank account to finance PayPal transactions is one option, but you may also move money back and forth between your bank account and your PayPal account. You must log in to your PayPal account to send the cash.
A linked bank account is required before you may transfer funds from PayPal to my bank account. If you haven’t already, set up a link as soon as you can.
In-app, online, and in-store payments are all possible with Google Pay, Google’s mobile wallet. If you want to use Google Pay, you’ll need a Google account. Android 5 Lollipop and later smartphones, tablets, and smartwatches are supported.
Some nations allow the use of Google Pay on iOS devices. Google Pay transactions may only be funded by linking a bank account to your account. To send money to a bank account, you may use Google Pay.